A blockbuster showdown between two of world football's deadliest strikers will headline Friday's FIFA World Cup action as Kylian Mbappé and Erling Haaland go head-to-head when France national football team take on Norway national football team in a decisive Group I clash.
Both forwards have been in sensational form, scoring four goals each in their opening two matches, making this one of the tournament's most anticipated fixtures. France need only a draw to secure top spot in the group thanks to their superior goal difference, while Norway must win to finish first.
With knockout-stage positioning and Golden Boot bragging rights on the line, all eyes will be on whether Mbappé's pace and flair or Haaland's ruthless finishing will make the difference in what promises to be a thrilling encounter.
After securing Norway's place in the FIFA World Cup Round of 32 with a victory over Senegal, striker Erling Haaland played down his team's chances of winning the tournament ahead of their crucial Group I showdown against France national football team.
Speaking to Fox Television, Haaland dismissed suggestions that Norway are genuine title contenders despite their impressive run of 12 consecutive competitive victories.
"To win the World Cup? Absolutely not," he said.
The Manchester City forward, however, expressed pride in his team's remarkable progress.
"We've won 12 competitive games in a row now. I'm part of something special, making history, and I'm extremely proud to be Norwegian."
Haaland also appeared unfazed by the challenge of facing France, widely regarded as one of the tournament favourites.
"I couldn't care about playing France. They're probably going to beat us, and they're probably going to win the whole tournament."
Norway face France on Friday in a high-stakes Group I decider, with both teams already through to the Round of 32 but battling to finish top of the group.

No comments:
Post a Comment